John joined Paine Edmonds LLP in 1982. For over twenty years, John’s practice was focused on litigation claims involving insurance, personal injury, products liability, engineering matters, and professional negligence. In 2000, he shifted focus and has since concentrated on developing a highly successful mediation practice. Today, John leads the firm's Mediation Services Group and is one of the most sought after and well-respected mediators in British Columbia.
- Chartered Mediator (C. Med.) designation, 2005
- Continuing Legal Education Advanced Commercial Mediation course, 1996
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 1982
- University of British Columbia – Bachelor of Laws, 1981
- Lancaster University (England) – Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, 1976
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, British Columbia Arbitration and Mediation Institute
- Member, ADR Institute of Canada, Inc.
- Member, Commercial Mediation Association
- Member, Civil Roster of the British Columbia Mediator Roster Society
- Member of the Civil Roster of Mediate BC
Personal Notes John was born in Chirk, Wales. His hobbies include golfing, boating, restoration of older English sports cars, motorcycling, and rescuing older dogs.
Paine Edmonds LLP Lawyers
Suite 1100 - 510 Burrard St., Vancouver, BC, V6C 3A8
Tel: 604-683-1211 | Local 236 | 1-800-669-8599 (BC only) | Fax: 604-681-5084