John joined Paine Edmonds LLP in 1982. For over twenty years, John’s practice was focused on litigation claims involving insurance, personal injury, products liability, engineering matters, and professional negligence. In 2000, he shifted focus and has since concentrated on developing a highly successful mediation practice. Today, John leads the firm's Mediation Services Group and is one of the most sought after and well-respected mediators in British Columbia.
- Chartered Mediator (C. Med.) designation, 2005
- Continuing Legal Education Advanced Commercial Mediation course, 1996
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 1982
- University of British Columbia – Bachelor of Laws, 1981
- Lancaster University (England) – Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, 1976