Melissa P. Keen
- Called to the British Columbia Bar - 2019
- National Committee on Accreditation - Certification in 2018
- The University of Kent, Canterbury England - Bachelor of Laws with Honours completed 2017
- Simon Fraser University - Bachelor of Arts with a Major in international studies and a minor in legal studies completed in 2015
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
Melissa was born and raised in Nanaimo, and moved to the lower mainland when she began university in 2010. Melissa has been a long standing member of the Girl Guides of Canada, and has taken every opportunity to give young girls and women the opportunities that she had. In law school she was a member of the Canadian Law Society, a society focused on helping Canadians studying in the UK to bring their education home and enjoy their time while there. Melissa helped to organize events about programs that are available in Canada to help students that studied abroad as well events that helped to create a sense of home while abroad. One such event was a Thanksgiving Dinner.
Melissa has a passion for travel. She has done two exchanges to France. The first was in Grade 12, where she stayed with three families to fully immerse herself in the French culture. The second was in university she spent a semester at Sciences Po, Paris, a prestigious university where she focused on the study of politics and law.