Steven H. Heringa
Steve is the managing partner at Paine Edmonds LLP. Steve is Chair of the firm’s ICBC & Personal Injury Law Group and is one of the most well-known and respected plaintiff’s personal injury lawyers in British Columbia. He runs a highly-successful practice based on representing people with ICBC and personal injury claims. He focuses in cases involving both complex and traumatic injuries, including brain injuries, chronic pain, quadriplegia, and paraplegia.
Steve has extensive trial experience (judge alone and jury) having appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia. He also has extensive experience as appellate counsel in the Court of Appeal of British Columbia. Steve has also appeared before the Supreme Court of Canada, having acted as lead counsel in the ground-setting decision of Hall v. Hebert, which changed the law to allow people to pursue a claim for injuries in circumstances where they were previously denied.
In addition to his work in personal injury claims, Steve also has experience in dealing with insurance subrogation and professional negligence claims.
Steve has achieved the BV rating (Very High Legal Ability and Ethical Standards) in the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating system.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 1978
- University of British Columbia – Juris Doctor, 1977
- Contributing Editor, 2008 BC Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Practice Manual
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Fraser Valley Brain Injury Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Executive, Chair of Litigation Committee, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Member, Civil Litigation and Insurance Law subsections of the British Columbia Branch of the Canadian Bar Association
- Lectures for Continuing Legal Education
- Lectures for Insight Information